Sheilah A. Doyle Foundation hosts the 9th annual bereavement camp in Illinois – called “Camp Sheilah”. This three-day program is a strength-based, child-focused model, which includes age-based support groups facilitated by trained grief specialists. Both camp and support groups will facilitate different icebreakers, confidence-building activities and other activities designed to facilitate trust, expression, and interaction among them.
Accepting camper and volunteer applications starting March 1, 2019.
- Three-day program for youth ages 7 to 17 who have lost a parent or sibling to homicide
- The camp is fun!! Enjoy rock climbing, basketball, crafts, a camp BBQ, s’mores around a campfire and much, much more!
- Each Jr. Explorer is matched with an Explorer (an adult who shares similar interests)
- Small group discussions are led by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Illinois (we call them Journey Leaders)
- All meals provided
- Stay all weekend – from 4:30 p.m. Friday until 3 p.m. Sunday
- Location: Camp Manitoqua at 8428 W Sauk Trail in Frankfort, IL
- Completely free