Sheilah A. Doyle Foundation hosts the 10th annual bereavement camp in Illinois – called “Camp Sheilah”. This program is a strength-based, child-focused model, which includes age-based support groups facilitated by trained grief specialists. Both camp and support groups will facilitate different icebreakers, confidence-building activities and other activities designed to facilitate trust, expression, and interaction among them.
Accepting camper and volunteer applications starting March 18, 2020.
2-DAY VIRTUAL CAMP SHEILAH AT-A-GLANCE:
- Two-day program for youth ages 7 to 17 who have lost a parent or sibling to homicide
- The camp is fun!!
- Each Jr. Explorer is matched with an Explorer (an adult who shares similar interests)
- Small group discussions are led by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Illinois (we call them Journey Leaders)
- Gift cards for lunch will be provided to families to break for lunch
Three sessions for the camp will be run on:
Friday, Sept. 11 from 7pm to 9pm and Saturday, Sept. 12 from 10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm
- Location: Remote Zoom sessions – info to be sent out prior to camp
- Completely free